Friday, February 24, 2012

Free lanyard pattern with cell phone holder

I don't know about you, but I have to wear my keys everywhere I go at work and pack my cell phone. I decided to sit down and make me a new lanyard that would hold my cell phone too! Here's what I came up with! Super simple to make
You will need:
* 38 inches of your favorite 1.5" width ribbon
* 5.5 inches of thick elastic (2 inches thick)
* Swivel Fastner
* Matching thread
* Scissors
(Everything I found at Hobby Lobby... I'm sure any craft store would carry everything)

First fold the ribbon in half and sew as close to the edge as you can. (I used my zipper foot so I could get close.) Stitch down both sides


Second, meet both raw edges of the ribbon together and loop through the swivel. Fold over and sew. (sorry the picture for this step wouldn't upload!)


Third, cut the elastic in half so you have (2) 2.75" pieces. Place them on the inside of the lanyard and sew close to the edge. (I have done one side below)



Fourth, Sew the other side of the elasic on. I apologize once again for the horrible photos. I took them with my cell phone and uploading them just wasn't working right. Please message me if you have questions!






0 comments:

Post a Comment